Originally published on PURE LAMBDA.
You are a business owner. You already know that data is one of your most valuable assets. But, sifting through numbers and sharing insight with your employees, vendors, and investors isn’t always easy. Fortunately, there are ways to streamline the process.
Today’s PURE LAMBDA blog touches on how presenting your data in easy-to-understand visuals can benefit your business at all levels.
…is simply the representation of complex ideas and insight through visual components, such as charts, infographics, and animations. According to Sisense, a visual data analytic platform, data visualization is useful in many areas, including explaining data to others and answering questions.
There are almost countless ways that visualizing your data can help your business. However, the three main points that come to mind here are decision-making, efficiency, and marketing.
- Decision-making. Making decisions for your business is no easy feat. But, do you really have the time to sort through layers and layers of customer/operational/budget information? Probably not. But, data visualization (using some of the tools listed below) can give you insight and offer an opportunity to create actionable ideas that help you be better poised for success.
- Efficiency. Being an efficient business means you get the same work done in the least amount of time. Executives across the world utilize data to increase the speed of current efforts so that they can better transform their business for the future.
- Marketing. Visuals are not only useful in your internal operations, but they also help you tell a story to your customers. You can also utilize visual marketing as a complement to visual data. One example that Easil uses is sharing a visual history. This can compress your company’s background into an easy-to-read timeline that shows your customers how you’re growing and where you’ll be moving forward. Keep in mind that you can utilize these same techniques to boost your hiring and attract skilled candidates for any positions you may have open. This blog post from PURE LAMBDA explains how you can make that happen.
Data Visualization Tools
Data visualization doesn’t have to be complex or out of reach. In fact, you likely already have access to a few highly powerful data visualization tools, including spreadsheets and banner templates.
- Spreadsheets. Almost all spreadsheets have the option to make charts, images, and other visual tools. Laptop mag offers a quick tutorial on how to use Google Sheets to create a chart that converts data into something easily usable.
- Banner templates. A web banner is traditionally used in marketing and advertising. But, instead of simply showing a photograph of your products in use, you can use your banner to share data on your web or social media platform of choice. Look for an online template that allows you to customize and download. Then, once you find a template that you love, you can use that to maintain consistency when sharing information to your customers or employees.
- Infographics. Infographics are similar to banners, except they are often accompanied by a link that dives deeper into the info presented within them. Like spreadsheets and vendor templates, there are plenty of tools that help you create an infographic, even if you don’t have graphic design experience. Infographics can also be changed to any size you like, so you are not stuck with just a small space as you are a banner.
Don’t be intimidated by data, big or small. Remember, there are plenty of tools that you can use online to help you compress and compact even complex ideas, numbers, and patterns into something usable by everyone in your organization. Even if you only use visual data in one department, it will help you streamline, tell stories, and make better decisions every day.
If you are looking to scale your business, contact PURE LAMBDA today to see how we can help.